Otafuku Okonomiyaki packet mix for 2 people (Available from Japan Mart)
Cabbage 1/2 (300g)
1 x Spring onion
Water 160 ml
Vegetable oil for frying
Sauce (not included in pack)
Tomato sauce 20g
Worcester sauce 20g
Sugar 1/2 tablespoon
Japanese mayo (not included in pack)
Shaved tuna flakes (not included in pack)
Nori (seaweed) green sachet that comes with pack
- Take all ingredients out from the package.*
- Cut cabbage into thin strips. 3cm is the best.
- Chop the spring onion finely.
- Put the water in a bowl, mix in the pink package of powder (Yam) until bubbling.
- Add white package of powder and mix. Please be careful not to overmix. It is ok if some lumps remain.
- Beat eggs, add shredded cabbage, chopped spring onion, and the contents of the yellow package (this is tenkasu, or tasty tempura bits) and mix together to make a batter.
7. Add oil to frying pan.
8. Add batter and fry for 3 minutes.
9. When the bottom is light brown like a pancake, flip, put on lid and steam 4 minutes.
10. Check the color and turn over. Fry for 2 minutes without lid.
11. Put on plate when golden brown both sides.
12. Add sauce and then toppings.
Some of the allergens included in this okonomiyaki pack: Wheat, Soybeans, Squid, Yam, Mackerel, Eggs
Please note that Nagomi has translated Japanese to English from the packet. Please take care if you have allergies as some ingredients may not be listed. We are not sponsored by Otafuku.
*If you use the pack for 4 people, just use half and keep the rest for next time.